McKinney Heater Repair
McKinney’s Clear “Choice” for Expert Heating Repairs
McKinney residents trust in Choice Air Care for thorough, affordable heater repairs. If your heater isn’t working like it used to, give us a call to schedule a service appointment. Our heating specialists can quickly diagnose the issue and offer you the best solution.
At Choice Air Care, we repair all types of heaters, including:
Use our online contact form to schedule your next McKinney heater repair service!
"I called Choice when my builder wouldn't show up to start my heat...
this company was here so quickly.
On a Sunday, during a Cowboys game... we had heat in minutes.
We will always use first choice.... they did not disappoint."
Signs Your Heater Needs Repair
Sometimes, it’s pretty clear when your heater isn’t working – if it won’t turn on, then it’s obvious that there is a problem. However, there are other times where it may not be as clear whether something is wrong. If you have any doubt, it is best not to take any chances and call a professional as soon as possible.
Watch out for the following signs that your heating system needs repairs:
- Heater is frequently switching on and off (called “short cycling”)
- Heater is making a grinding, rattling, or squealing noise
- Heater is producing unusual smells
- You smell gas near your gas furnace
- Your heating bill has unexpectedly skyrocketed
What's That Smell Coming From My Heater?
That burning dust smell when you turn on your heater for the first time in the fall is normal. However, if you're smelling something unusual and it isn't going away after a few minutes, it's probably time to call Choice Air Care for a service appointment. When in doubt, err on the side of caution and have your heater checked out; some heater smells can signal a potentially dangerous problem.
Here are some common heater smells and what they mean:
1. Heater smells musty: You may have a mildew problem caused by an accumulation of moisture. Your heater unit or ducts may need to be cleaned.
2. Heater smells like rotten eggs: If you have a gas heater, an egg or sulfur smell may indicate a gas leak. As natural gas is toxic, this is an emergency; immediately vacate your home and call your local gas company.
3. Heater smells like something burning: Your heater may be overheating, or your heater's wiring may be deteriorating. Both are fire hazards; immediately shut off your heater and call for service.
Is it More Expensive to Turn the Heat On and Off?
Our customers often ask us whether it is cheaper to leave the heater on all day or to switch it off when no one is home. We’re here to bust the myth: leaving your heater on all the time is not cheaper than using it only when you need it – all that does is waste energy! If you don’t already have one, a programmable thermostat is an easy way to increase efficiency and lower your energy bills.
Unlike a regular thermostat, programmable thermostats allow you to set different temperatures for different hours of the day. For example, you can set the thermostat at 60 degrees during the hours you’re away at work, and you can program the heater to automatically turn on at 5:30 PM when you arrive home. To learn more about the benefits of digital, programmable, and even Wifi-enabled thermostats, please visit our Thermostats page.
Need heater repair in McKinney? Give Choice Air Care a call at (972) 332-3927 today!